Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
Do you know what frugal cooking is? If you have struggled through the first phase of living independently which a limited budget, you should understand how difficult it is to cook in an inconvenient kitchen. There is no oven for cakes, no 12-piece knife set for decorating and making delicate items. Every dishes will be made on a gas stove and in a rice cooker. Therefore, you must possess a best stainless steel rice cooker that is capable of doing more than it is supposed to.
I have been through the hard time when I was a law student. (You know how significant the expenditure for studying is!) At that time, my Zojirushi rice cooker was a helpful and faithful companion. In the article, I will give you the reviews on 05 best stainless steel rice cookers. Of course, I haven’t tried all of them myself, because those trials would break my bank. But my friends, who have been in the struggling time, have bought them. They gave me all the valuable review that I will tell you below.
Why Should We Choose A Stainless Steel Rice Cooker?
There are lots of good review on rice cookers made from other materials so that they are probably not bad choices. However, I still strongly recommend you to buy a best stainless steel rice cooker for the following reasons:
Looking For A Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker – Which Features to Consider?
Of course, a stainless steel rice cooker is made from… stainless steel. But you have to pay attention to the non-stick coating of the cooking bowl. It will save you from long-timed cleaning and lengthen the life of the rice cooker. But, you should be more careful with the non-stick interior, because they are vulnerable to scratching and scrubbing.
You can find rice cooker with many different capacities in the market. Be a wise customer and make the best buy. The most suitable product for you should be one meeting all your requirements, not the one having the most significant interior. If you live alone, a 3-cup should work. Cooking in a huge cooker means wasting your electricity.
The feature I love the most of my Zojirushi is that it helps me save money from buying various kitchen devices and takes only a small space in my narrow kitchen. So, a good product for you should be versatile, or we can say multifunctional, enough to do all the tasks you require. The one meeting the criterion should have a large setting board which indicates rice cooking, pressure cooking, slow cooking, steaming, etc.
To find a long-lasting product, you should look for one with a sturdy exterior, a firm cooking bowl that fits the cooker snugly, and a flexible detachable power cord. Separating the cord from the power source prolongs its life.
The cover of a rice cooker is more important than you think if in your mind it’s only a lid. An excellent product should not just have one fitting the pot tightly, but also be clear so that we can see food being processed inside. So, between a rice cooker with glass or transparent plastic cover and one with a solid lid, I will choose the former.
6. Other Features
There are some small things that are not so essential but decide our love for a particular product. Personally, I cherish a beautiful and bright digital display and an automatic keep-warm option. Some people may fall for an attached rice ladle, a lovely measuring cup. Some others may think the delay function is more loveable. Overall, the decision is all yours. If you find a stainless steel rice cooker with the five criteria above and a small feature you like a lot, it should be your suitable companion.
Reviews On 05 Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker In Detail
#1. Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer – Best Durability
So, after giving away my Panasonic, I seek consultation from friends and relatives and end up with Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom. I came to me that inexpensive rice cookers often have vulnerable non-stick layers, so to find the best stainless steel rice cooker, I had to make a remarkable investment. Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom hasn’t disappointed me once since three years ago, so I think it is safe to say that I’ve found my loyal companion.
- Attractive Appearance: The modern design is opposite to that of my old Panasonic but beautiful enough to steal my heart. The basic look fits the simple kitchen perfectly. There are also two color choices so you can choose the most matching with your cookware.
- Five Cooking Settings: Some may say that it’s not enough, but I think those selections cover most of our basic needs, apart from frying and grilling.
- Rice Scoop And Measuring Cup Included: So convenient and durable that you can rely on for a long time. I had to replace the scoop, though, because I left it in the cooker and set the warmer on too many times. What a pity!
- Compact Design: It takes up only a small space so that I can put more things on my small counters. 3-cups is a not-so-large capacity, but for just me and my girlfriend, it is more than enough.
- Significant Durability: Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom has been staying by my side for more than three years. Is it sturdy enough for you?
- The only thing I don’t like about the model is THE LID. It cannot be fully opened. I think the design team should work more on the feature because the small issue is ruining the whole device.
#2. Tiger JAX-T10U-K 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer & Slow Cooker
– Best Cooking Settings
The model impresses every customer by its modern, sleek design, which makes me never hesitate to put it in the center of my kitchen. There are two sizes, 5.5-cup and 10-cup so that you can choose the suitable one for individual or family. It is hard for me to decide which is the most attractive thing of the model because, despite the short warranty, Tiger JAX-T10U-K is nearly a perfect choice.
- Large Cooking Menu Setting: The model gives us ten computerized cooking selection, which means you can cook a variety of dishes besides rice and brown rice in the cooker. The handy feature is exceedingly helpful for our frugal scheme! There is also a synchro-cooking function, so you can steam some veggie while waiting for the rice to be ready.
- Removable Parts: You can easily separate the steam cap and inner lid to clean after several times cooking. Besides, the power cord is also retractable. It is proved that removable cables are more durable than irremovable one.
- Lightweight: The excellent rice cooker weighs only 9 pounds.
- Cookbook Included: Makes cooking more convenient and efficient. The instructions are simple, mostly fool-proof, covering many dishes.
- Non-Stick Cooking Bowl Surface: Makes it quicker to clean after using.
- Short-timed Warranty: Though Tiger JAX-T10U and most Japanese rice cookers are durable, the limited warranty of only one year may disappoint potential customers.
- Vulnerable Non-stick Layer: Pay attention while cleaning or you may scratch the surface.
#3. Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker – Best Designing
The traditional, beautiful look of the model may persuade the pickiest customer. I still remember the day I buy a Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup for my kitchen, it is the design that made me stop at the counter to seek consultation. Also, the sturdy glass lid allowing users to see the progress inside the inner bowl comes in handy for newbies like me.
- Impressive Design: The rice cooker looks a bit like an on-stove pot, making it close to an old-fashioned, traditional kitchen piece. Somebody may like a bulky, modern one, but I love the sleek design the most.
- Clear Cover: Allows users to see through the cooking progress. I’m able to tell whether something is wrong with my food when it is still inside the cooker, to interference may take place in time.
- Compact Model: Among the five choices offered in the post, the one takes the smallest space in the kitchen. If you happen to possess a narrow cooking area, Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup is a wise choice. It is also suitable for individual or couple usage.
- Cooking Plate And Measuring Cups Included: And they are lovely. The attached pieces often look cheap and won’t last long, but the ones are different. I use them for a long time, and they stay helpful over the period.
- Only One Setting: It means you can just “cook” things inside the bowl with a heat volume and a fixed time, regardless the type of food. It is the main reason I gave the rice cooker to my cousin after two years using. The cooking is convenient at first because as a newbie, I don’t need and don’t want too many settings. But as the time flows, my requirements grow, and the model cannot fulfill them.
#4. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
– Best Pricing
My parents bought the model three years ago, and it still runs smoothly. After the old Lotus rice cooker died, they made a new, less expensive choice and it turned out an excellent one. The 8-cup model is bigger than the demand of only two of them, but when my relatives come over to visit (they do it quite often!), it serves better than the most efficient server you can find.
- Cooking Two Dishes Simultaneously: The rice cooker has a steam rack attached so you can cook a side dish to go with the rice or quinoa. It helps save the time and in the long run, cut a great deal in your power bill.
- Delay Setting: The integrated timer allows you set the time to cook 15 hours in advance. Quite convenient for busy workers or people who want hot dishes available each morning, right after waking up.
- Surprisingly Low Price: With all the advantages, the cost of under $50 makes many people close the deal willingly.
- Not-sturdy Exterior: I’ve noticed that the cover is scratched after a time using. If only the manufacturer could improve the material of the exterior a bit. I would be happy to pay some more dollars.
- The Food Is Not Tasty…?: It is reported that the taste of the dishes doesn’t meet customers’ expectation. My parents haven’t made any complaints, so I think there are flawed products in the market.
#5. Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker – Best Versatility
I fell head over heels for the model from the first look because of the large, friendly, and precise control panel featuring soooo many selections. The product’s quality is also certified. However, the thing I don’t like most of the rice cooker is that although the cooking bowl is stainless steel, the exterior is not, so the outside look may be degraded after a long time using. Overall, with the product, the Canadian brand earn a total success.
- Multifunctional: Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, as its name may tell, has at least seven functions integrated into one product.
- Clearly Indicating Control Panel: There are 14 selections available and easy to use owing to the perfect digital display.
- ULC and UL Certified: You can rest assured about the quality of the rice cooker. Besides, Instant Pot has such great reputation gained over years of producing and selling top-knot models.
- Overcooking Prevention: Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker features low pressure and a timer, allowing your food to be tenderly cooked without getting burnt, even if you leave it for a long time in the cooking bowl.
- Ten Safety Mechanisms: They are the trademark of Instant Pot rice cookers, which you can read about here. The mechanisms are the most significant feature boosted in most of the brand’s advertisers.
- Hard-to-seal Lid: In my opinion, the manufacturer should work more on the design of the lid. The original one is lovely, but a bit hard to seal. If you are about to buy an Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, don’t forget to pay attention to the cover each time using.
- Lower-quality Exterior: The outside of the rice cooker is only brushed steel, not stainless one, which means it cannot maintain the best appearance in the far future.
- Uneven Heat Distribution Reported: I think it is kind of an accidental error happening only to some products, but there are complaints on the issue, so you should pay more attention.
Soooo, I think it is enough information for you to find the best stainless steel rice cooker. Remember the one for you is the one with high quality and suitable capacity. Making the best buy is difficult, but we don’t need to make it like gambling. Seeking information from others is a wise option before purchasing an essential part of our kitchen.