How To Freeze Cheesecake? Simple Tips That Truly Work
Have you just completed a very big cheesecake but you do not know ways to preserve it? You want to make a cheesecake some days before you enjoy it but you do not know how to freeze cheesecake to keep the taste? Don’t worry! We are here to help you.
How to Freeze Cheesecake (Baked)
How to Freeze Cheesecake (Non-Baked)
Because a non-baked cheesecake contains softened cheeses, you need to keep it cool to prevent it from spoiling. A non-baked cheesecake should contain a low-fat proportion in cheesecake by using light cream cheese and low-fat yogurt because it is easier to freeze it.
Because it is a non-baked cheesecake, you should make it in a small bowl, glass or a cup in order to freeze and enjoy it easier. In particular, if you use eggs, it should be thoroughly cooked to avoid bacterial contamination. Also, you should put the cheesecake at room temperature no more than one hour to avoid spoiling.
- You need to keep the cheesecake cool in the fridge for one hour without covering it.
- Then, you can wrap the whole cheesecake to place it in the freezer for an hour. If necessary, you can cut the cheesecake into small slices, then wrap it and put it in the freezer to firm the cheesecake. After defrosting the cheesecake, you should not return it into the freezer because it may spoil easily.
- Now, you can place the cheesecake as a whole or slices on the foil-covered cardboard platter or several layers of plastics wrap. Then, put it all in a large freezer bag.
- Lastly, you can seal the bag and put it in the freezer. Don’t forget to note the date because it may last for only one month.
Some Tips to Make Perfect Cheesecakes
You all have your own recipes to make a cheesecake; however, some following tips and tricks may help you make the perfect cheesecake. Then, you can freeze cheesecake better even if it is a New York Cheesecake or a cottage cheese.
- Temperature: You need to follow instructions to chill your cheesecake, especially some recipes require 6-hour chill time. Also, your cheesecake should be kept at room temperature (60-68'C) to remain the best taste. Putting your cream cheese at room temperature before making cheesecake helps to soften cream cheese.
- Texture: Some tips to adjust the filling from fluffy heaven to dense and cake-like.
- For thick and cakey: When you beat the cream cheese, you can add 3 tablespoons of flour.
- For silky smooth: You can use an electric mixer at low speed to mix 1/2 cup of sour cream into the recipe.
- For dreamy and dense: You can use sweetened condensed milk instead of fresh milk and tiny cut sugar.
- Crust: Before filling crust with your cream cheese, you need to bake crust in oven for 10 minutes. Believe me, the crust will be much more attractive.
Tricks to Prevent Cracks
If you are worried that some cracks may appear before and after freezing process, just try some following tricks.
- Use ingredients at room temperature: You should leave eggs, cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream, butter and other ingredients at room temperature for a while before processing it.
- Do not over mix: You should try to gently mix eggs or other ingredients by hands.
- Cool the cheesecake down slowly: Before taking the cheesecake off the oven, you should slow down the oven and keep the cheesecake in it for a while.
- Do not overcook: You need to keep your eyes on the cheesecake, if you just overcook it for a while, it will cause cracks on the top of the cheesecake.
- Use sour cream: To deal with some cracks at the top of your cheesecake, you can spread a layer of sour cream over the cooled cheesecake and add a little extra creaminess to each bite.
At previous time, I have threw my very delicious cheesecake so many times. Sometimes, the cheesecake has turned rotten very quickly after just a long day and even its smell was so badly. I have put it in the fridge for days then put it out to eat but it tasted so strangely that I did not want to eat anymore.
But above simple tips to freeze cheesecake truly work. Now I can make a cheesecake some days before a Christmas party comes or enjoy my cheesecake at home after a long journey. Freezing cheesecake is no longer impossible no matter baked or no bake cheesecake it is.
If you have any other tips or tricks on how to freeze cheesecake or even to make a better cheesecake, please share with others by leaving comment on the box below.