How To Reheat Cookies? 3 Best Ways To Follow In 2021
Cookies are widely preferred for the soft texture, sweet taste, and comforting aroma. It contains an appropriate amount of calories, which is suitable to provide energy after long working hours.
However, there is one big minus point for cookies besides their amazing sugariness and softness: they can turn hard easily. If you leave the food in the fridge for a short period, it will become hard-rock and slowly lose its taste.
Suppose that you are storing cookies and want to use them immediately at this moment, then how to reheat cookies? Let’s read this article to find out!
How To Reheat Cookies In The Microwave
Can you bake cookies in the microwave? Yes, you can. In fact, the microwave is not only the best way to cook the biscuits, but also the top recommended way to reheat them. Besides, there is no need to prepare when microwaving cookies.
Here is what you need to have:
- frozen or cold cookies (of course!)
- a few sheets of the napkin/ paper towel (to retain the cookies’ juice)
- a microwave-safe plate
Have you finished preparing? If yes, let’s start!
Step by step instructions:
Using a microwave is the most effective and fastest way to reheat frozen cookies. It does not take much time and effort to set up, and the procedure is fast, too. Therefore, we prefer using the microwave to reheat biscuits the most.
Well, my dear, you may read too many cooking guidelines, though. For other reheating recipes, you must preheat. But it is not required for the cookies reheating procedure.
- Cover the biscuits in a wet napkin or paper towel. Wrapping cookies with napkins is an optional step, but we absolutely suggest you do it. Without the napkin, the cookies can lose their juice when baking. And the cookies, after roasting, will become so dry, rough, and crumbly.
- After covering the biscuits in a paper towel, place them on a dish and input them into the microwave.
- Microwave the dish in 20 seconds.
- When the cookies are as delicate as you demand, take them out of the microwave, and remove the paper.
Note: In case the biscuit is frozen, and you find it still hard-rock after 20 seconds of cooking, put the cookies into the microwave again, and set the time to 2 minutes.
How To Warm Up Cookies In The Oven
Similar to the microwave reheating approach above, it doesn’t take time to prepare for the cookies rebaking procedure with the oven. You only need:
- Frozen or cold cookies
- Baking tray
There is no need to use a napkin in this method. The heat from the oven doesn’t remove as much juice from the food as the microwave.
Compared to the previous approach, this is the more time-consuming and effort-demanding way to reheat cookies. Unlike the microwave, which can automatically adjust the temperature, the oven provides heat stronger but also more uncontrollably. You must keep an eye on the batch during the process to prevent overbaking. Let follow our guidelines:
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F for 5 minutes. We suggest you preheat the oven to the above heat range. Otherwise, when you put the biscuits into the machine, it will need more time to reach the demanding temperature, making the biscuits burned outside, frozen on the inside.
- Distributing the cookies on the baking tray. Here is our tip: spread the biscuits broadly on the tray so that no cookies stay overlapping on each other. The food won’t receive heat equally then!
- Put the baking tray into the machine, and wait for about 3 to 6 minutes. If you store the cookies at room temperature before, then you just need 3 to 4 minutes. In case you refrigerate or freeze the biscuits, extend the baking time to 6 minutes.
- Take out the baking tray.
The food is ready to eat now. If the cookies are not soft as you demand, can you put cookies back in the oven? Yes, please. Reheat the biscuits until it is delicate enough.
How To Reheat Cookies In The Air Fryer
- The leftover of cookies/ frozen cookies
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the air fryer at 300 °F for 5 minutes.
- Spread the cookies on the aluminum foil as much as possible.
- Put the cookies into the air fryer.
- Set temperaure at 300 °F and 2 ~ 3 minutes, then start.
- Enjoy your cookies.
Note: If you the the cookies are too crispy or not warm, let’s check your reheating time again. Because it’s depend case by case.
Tips For Reheating Cookies
Reheating cookies is not a complicated procedure but does require effort and experience to retain the delicious flavor of the cookies. Let us introduce you to some tips to reheat the cookies through this part.
- Spread honey or butter on the cookies before putting them into the microwave or oven. This additional step will make the food more buttery, and the smell is better.
- Cover the biscuits with napkins or parchment papers to prevent juice extraction.
- In case the cookies are frozen, let them defrost for about 3 to 5 minutes after taking them out of the freezer. Otherwise, it will take longer to reheat the cookies than normal.
- If you want the biscuit to be chewier, put it in a lunch bag, seal it up, and put it into the oven. After 3 minutes of air-tight baking, the cookies will be reheated and much chewy than before.
In general, we have dived deeper into how to reheat cookies properly. There are many approaches to this topic, but using the microwave and oven are the most common ones, and also the most effective.
Are our guidelines useful for you? Can you apply these tips to your cooking? Share with us your experience!